It’s the last weekend of the Regular Season and placing is still up for grabs in multiple cases. Here is our guide as to all the relevant issue and permutations:
2ND / 3RD PLACING:
- If Sheffield win on Saturday and Sunday they finish 2nd, Leicester finish 3rd, based on Championship points.
- If Leicester win on Sunday, they finish 2nd and Sheffield finish 3rd, based on Championship points.
- If Sheffield lose on Saturday then they need to win by 4 to ensure they finish 2nd. If they win by 3, it’ll go down to points difference for the season between the two clubs.
- Manchester are confirmed 4th place as nobody can catch them and they can’t catch Sheffield.
5TH / 6TH / 7TH PLACING:
- If Durham win on Saturday, they’re confirmed 5th place as Newcastle can’t catch them and Durham hold the H2H record over Nottingham on points difference.
- If Newcastle lose, they’re confirmed 7th place as they can’t catch anyone and they hold the H2H record on points difference over Oaklands.
- If Durham and Newcastle both win, Newcastle are confirmed 7th as Nottingham have H2H record on points difference. Nottingham will also be confirmed 6th, win or lose on Sunday, as they hold the H2H record over Newcastle on points difference.
- If Durham lose and Newcastle win on Saturday, and Nottingham win on Sunday, Nottingham are 5th, Durham are 6th, and Newcastle are 7th as Durham hold H2H over Newcastle (2-0).
- If Durham and Newcastle lose and Nottingham win, Nottingham are 5th, Durham 6th, and Newcastle 7th on Championship points.
- If Durham and Nottingham lose, and Newcastle win, It’ll be a three way tie. Durham will be 5th, Nottingham 6th and Newcastle 7th based on the attached 3 way tie calculation.
- If all three teams lose, Durham place 5th (they hold H2H points difference over Nottingham), Nottingham are 6th, and Newcastle are 7th.
- Oaklands are confirmed 8th place – even if they win on Saturday and Newcastle lose, Newcastle hold the H2H record on point difference.
- BA London Lions are confirmed 9th as they can’t catch Oaklands and nobody can catch them on Championship points.
10TH / 11TH / 12TH PLACING:
- If Essex win on Saturday and lose on Sunday, and Caledonia win on Saturday, Caledonia are confirmed 10th as Cardiff and Essex can’t catch them on Championship points. Essex would be 11th and Cardiff 12th as Essex hold H2H over Cardiff on points difference
- OR If Cardiff win against Caledonia on Saturday, then Cardiff would finish 10th. Essex 11th, and Caledonia 12th as Essex hold H2H record over Caledonia on points difference.
- If Essex win both days, and Caledonia win on Saturday, Essex are finished 10th as they hold the H2H on points difference over Caledonia. Caledonia finish 11th and Cardiff 12th.
- If Essex win both and Cardiff win, Essex finish 10th and Cardiff finish 11th as Essex hold H2H record on points difference over Cardiff. Caledonia finish 12th.